There are a wide variety of crane designs and they all need lubrication. Some are permanent structures for stevedoring or overhead cranes in manufacturing.
Others are the cage type that usually must be assembled on-site and then dis-assembled to move to different locations.
These cranes have pulleys, bearings and ring bearings that are heavily loaded. SWEPCO 101 and 123 have proven to extend the bearing life in these applications. The Wire ropes require quality lubricants to prevent wear, corrosion and breakage. SWEPCO 723, 724, and 150 are designed to penetrate and protect wire ropes and cables.
Hydraulic mobile cranes are increasingly popular due to mobility, ease of set up, flexibility, and operating costs. These cranes use hydraulic oils and transmission fluids to raise the boom and to set support and leveling pads. Here SWEPCO 703 or 714 would be ideal depending upon whether the hydraulic and transmission are common or separate sumps.
Some common areas of lubrication to all types of cranes would be:
- Wire rope and cable lubricants such as SWEPCO 723, 724, and 150.
- Hydraulic systems and transmissions would use SWEPCO 703, 714, and 704.
- Gearboxes and reducers would use SWEPCO 201 and other gear oils such as 204 for stationary equipment.
- SWEPCO 101 and 123 grease for bearings, joints, pulleys, and other moving parts.
- SWEPCO 812 Moly Dry Lube for sliding surfaces on hydraulic booms.
- SWEPCO 310 Engine oils and 502 Engine Oil Additive for gen-sets, and motors.
- SWEPCO 501 for the diesel fuel tanks and supplies to separate water, improve combustion, and keep the fuel system clean.
These machines can be seen everywhere and need SWEPCO products to…”keep it running!”