SWEPCO 164 ULTRA EP OPEN GEAR LUBEStratson
SWEPCO 164 Ultra EP Open Gear Lube is an advanced over based calcium sulfonate complex grease that provides superior load carrying capacity. Ideal for use on a wide range of open gear applications.
… Unexcelled performance in open gear lubrication
SWEPCO 164 Ultra EP Open Gear Lube has been specifically formulated to meet the unique challenges of lubricating a wide range of exposed gears, including swing gears on cranes, ring gears on rotary kilns, gearing on draglines and in quarries, foundries and many other operations.
Unsurpassed EP Performance
Open gearing, particularly large applications such as ring gears on rotary kilns and finishing mills, swing gears on cranes and jacking gears, need a lubricant that can withstand extreme loads. With a Timken OK load rating of 60 pounds and a 1000 kg 4-Ball Weld load rating, SWEPCO 164 provides the extra protection these types of gears require.
Superior corrosion protection
Superior corrosion protection and resistance to water wash out makes it suitable for marine applications and other applications that present high exposure to water.
Many lubricants “sling off” gear teeth and other parts of operating equipment. This is especially true when equipment operates at high speed. SWEPCO 164 clings tenaciously to metal, increasing the level of protection and reducing consumption. Consumption is also reduced by an extraordinarily high dropping point of greater than 300 °C (580 °F) that prevents thinning and bleeding. And inherently high mechanical stability keeps SWEPCO 164 “in grade” longer. These properties typically result in a significant reduction in lubricant consumption.
- Superior corrosion and wear protection. Contains Moly-XP and graphite.
- High base oil viscosity provides extra protection from metal to metal contact.
- Stays in place, will not pound or squeeze out.
- Excellent water resistance will not wash off easily.
- Superior protection translates to less product needed or consumed, reducing the total cost of lubrication.
- Spreads easily on gear surfaces.
- Will not dry out or cake up like asphalt-based products.
- Operates over a wide temperature range from 10°F to 475°F (-12°C to 246°C).
- Clings to metal surfaces, will not sling off.
- Unparalleled rust protection.
- Excellent load carrying, over 1000 kg 4 ball weld load.
Cranes, swing gear
Rod and Ball Mills
Draw bridge gears
SWEPCO 164 Ultra EP Open Gear Lube, also for Drag Lines, quarries, foundries, swing gear on shovels, logging, excavating, farming, and other demanding applications.
“to keep it running…!”